Thursday, August 13, 2009

Will Never Give Up

Father of missing Dubbo woman wants police to set up search taskforce

12/08/2009 4:00:00 AM
The father of missing woman Lateesha Nolan yesterday backed a NSW coroner’s call for a homicide taskforce to be set up to investigate a string of cold cases involving missing women, including that of his daughter.

Lateesha Nolan went missing from Dubbo on January 4, 2005, leaving behind four children.

Four years of the pain later her father, Mick Peet, who now lives in Queensland, still devotes hours of his time every day to finding his daughter.

Deputy State Coroner Carl Milovanovich has recommended police set up a task force to reinvestigate her case and a string of others involving young women he fears have been murdered.

NSW Police are yet to make a decision on the coroner’s recommendation.

Mr Peet said he more than welcomed the push for a police taskforce, saying for Lateesha’s sake he hoped more publicity of wanted man Malcolm Naden came of it.

Naden is wanted by police for questioning in relation to Lateesha’s disappearance and the murder of former Dubbo woman Kristy Scholes.

“I travel to Brisbane a lot and if you ask someone around there who Malcolm Naden is they have no idea,” Mr Peet said.

“I am doing everything I can to get his face out there, I have started a Facebook group and I spend hours on my email.

“I believe if they find Malcolm Naden they will find Lateesha.”

Me Peet has also run a blog in search of his daughter, which has received a number of responses from people across the NSW and interstate.

In one blog entry eight months after Lateesha went missing, Mr Peet spoke of how he couldn’t sleep and how he longed for his daughter to come home.

“Since that terrible day when I was told she was missing, I have not been able to sleep, my hair is falling out, I feel I am living in a nightmare I can’t wake up from,” he wrote.

“Every time the phone rings, I think maybe they have found her, which is a mixed blessing - have they found a body or have they found my precious girl alive, by some miracle?

“Will she one day walk back through that door, the beautiful girl I have watched grow up and blossom into a beautiful young woman?

“Will I ever get to tell her again how much I love her?”

Following on from newspaper reports that Naden had been seen in bushland around Kempsey and Port Macquarie, Mr Peet said he believed the wanted man was hiding out in someone’s roof.

He said for six months before Lateesha went missing Naden would block out light to his bedroom every day, which he believed was training to cope with the life he is supposedly living today.

“I had heard reports from a woman who believes she woke up to Malcolm leaning over her bed,” Mr Peet said.

“He had planned to live his life in the dark through the day and come out at night,” he said.

To join the Facebook group about Lateesha’s disappearance, visit: or visit

No comments: